Monday, April 25, 2011

So the journey takes me far away

I know I said I wasn't going to discuss work on here, however it is a huge part of my life. I won't speak in specifics, but mere generalities. I am going to be gone overseas for a good amount of time. It's sad considering I haven't been home that long and I am on my way out the door again. I will miss my wife and son, but there is a part of me that is ready to go. Ready to do my job and live the life. It's strange how you can desire something and not want anything to do with it at the same time. I started thinking about other people's experiences in life and wondering if they had something akin to this. I'm sure there are other professions out there that cause people to be gone for a good period of time. I would be content to just live my life with my wife and son, however I need a job that gives me the same level of pay and security. Hard to beat that right now considering I do not have a college degree. Anyway that is simply a small musing I was having prior to embarking on a very big journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment