Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stuck in the Middle East!!

Well, I am stuck at a base in the Middle East waiting to go to another base. Cryptic I know, but technically not supposed to disclose my location. Anyway, it's hotter than hell here. Lucky not getting shot at yet, but that will happen at my next location to be sure. I'm looking forward to going out to do my new job, I just hope that we get there soon. I miss Tamra(my wife) and Zachary(my son) something fierce. That's another downfall to the job, leaving my family for long periods of time. I hope that I can make it home sooner than later, but only time will tell with that one. I will be missing all of the major events in my family this year which is sucky. I will have missed Thanksgiving and Christmas two times in a row now, but once again that's part of the job. The holidays are an important time of year, but the truth of it is that it's made me appreciate that time more than ever. I will get to spend a decent amount of time with all my friends and family when I get home, and then I will probably get sent out again within that year. Tough life but it has it's benefits as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment